Functional Vision Analyzer
Ideal for pre- and post-op cataract, refractive surgery and clinical trials
- Will perform all of the tests needed to evaluate functional vision and more: visual acuity, contrast sensitivity, depth perception, color vision, and potential acuity.
- Includes contrast sensitivity tests (sine wave gratings)
- 4 lighting conditions – Day and night, with and without glare
- Meets the FDA clinical research standards
- Meets ANSI standards with unsurpassed homogeneous illumination
- EyeView software provides the ability to demonstrate patients’ functional vision with real-world images.
Analysis using the EyeView software.
Note: Submitting a support ticket will take you to a separate website.
- New unsurpassed homogeneous illumination
- Background luminance complies with international standards
- All light levels microprocessor controlled and continually calibrated
- Binocular glare testing
- Target illumination comes standard with 3.0 cd/m2 for night testing, and 85 cd/m2 for day testing, or may be customized* to specific needs with a value range of 1.0 cd/m2 to 125 cd/m2
- Glare luminance at distance comes standard with 1 Lux and 28 Lux for night glare testing; 10 Lux and 135 Lux for day glare testing
- Sine Wave Gratings 5 spatial frequencies 1.5, 3, 6, 12, and 18 cycles per degree
- Potential acuity for a quick assessment of macular function
- Includes (F.A.C.T.®) contrast sensitivity slide package to evaluate patients’ overall functional vision
* Note: Customized target illumination, glare levels, & test packages must be determined upon order placement.
Functional Vision Analyzer for Contrast Sensitivity
How to Fix an Upside Down Slide
How to Change a Slide
I run a busy practice with 9 doctors and 40 assistants in Corpus Christi, TX. I rely upon my Stereo Optical FVA to provide quick and efficient screening. I own 4 of these units.
I rely on my Functional Vision Analyzer (FVA) in both Research and Clinical Practice, especially for patients with cataracts and/or AMD. The Stereo Optical FVA provides consistent real-life visual simulation of how an individual patient with chronic eye disease actually sees, at distance and near, in terms of contrast and glare, well beyond common 1862 Snellen visual acuity tests.
The Stereo Optical Functional Vision Analyzer® (FVA) is the gold standard clinical and research instrument for evaluating the quality of vision beyond simple visual acuity. The FVA reliably measures the contrast sensitivity function with and without disability glare. This unique instrument therefore provides a full measure of vision assessment, analogous to a full audiogram for hearing function. In addition, the FVA been validated by a number of published clinical papers, and remains the standard in both the eye clinic and pharmacology research laboratory for FDA compliant drug studies. At the Captain James A Lovell Federal Health Care Center, we have used this instrument in several published randomized placebo controlled clinical trials.